£25,000 - £30,000
Our creative Client in Mitcham is seeking their next Buyer to become involved in all aspects of the purchasing process.
You will be involved in all aspects of the purchasing process from trend analysis and product development through to managing projects from order placement through to shipment. Ability to demonstrate your creative ability, you must be commercial in your approach and equally confident with spreadsheets.
Experience in buying and project managing and knowledge of European and Far East shipping and delivery processes is essential.
· Directly or indirectly source suppliers for each brief to best suit capability, price and quality
· Assist the Quality Control and Logistics team with the logistics team to ensure delivery times are met
· Manage testing and inspections when required
· Manage costs in line with profit margins and budgets
· Negotiate with suppliers to gain the best prices, terms and deals
· Maintain the Company’s Ethical Sourcing policies at all times
· Ensure a documentation trail is available
· Propose products in response to create briefs
· Receive and manage client enquiries for quotations and inform the Account Manager as requested
· Raise purchase orders and document all through the SAP order processing system
· Research and investigate new suppliers on a regular basis
· Gain an understanding of the customer to identify their brands and requirements
· German speaking would be an advantage, but not essential
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills
· Great time management skills
· Knowledge of European and Far East shipping and delivery requirements
· Advanced IT skills (MS Office and Mac OS)
· Great communication skills both written and verbal
· Experience within a similar Buying environment