Location: N1, London
Temporary Full Time
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000
4 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension
£31,000 - £35,000 Gross per annum
Full-Time Permanent (37.50 hour week)
Are you working within the donor reporting charity sector? Our client based in N1, London is seeking a Finance Officer to join their expanding team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will have experience within the Finance and Charitable sector.
- Responsible for all financial accounting and assisting with the production of budgeting and forecasting reports, donor reports (this is key) and accounts .S/he will provide key business and management expertise to the organisation, working with the team to support the day to day running of the finance department as well as developing systems to drive efficiency.
- Invoice processing (if needed), payment and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analysis of results from country programmes and support to those programmes Support to create and monitor budgets and analyse financial performance.
- Assist in preparing statutory accounts as well as assisting in the production of budgeting and forecasting reports.
- Donor reporting and financial discipline, create donor reports which reconcile to internal budgets and support and improve the reconciliations of donor budgets to all financial data.
- Investigate and explain variances, ensuring all funds are reimbursed Journal posting.
- Provide training for colleagues from all disciplines in formal and informal settings to understand core financial principles (accruals, control of cash, balance sheets). Financial control processes and financial performance.
- Work with a range of colleagues to understand different needs of programme staff (accurate field activity reporting); fundraising (donor reporting); finance (control, accurate management reporting).
- Support for funding colleagues on budget creation and monitoring Involvement with donor audits and statutory audits.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the finance department as well as developing systems to drive efficiency. Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Ideally from a Donor reporting charity background
- Experience in financial and management accounting processes (banking, procurement, invoice payment cycles).
- Graduate or a part qualified member of any of the UK accounting bodies or equivalent
- Experience of creating and monitoring performance against budgets.
- Experience of working with non-financial colleagues to improve their understanding of finance.
- Experience of using computerised accounting software and an aptitude for system improvements and developments: the experience of SunSystems desirable.
- Excellent understanding of Excel and how to design a clear, user-friendly report Experience of coaching country finance teams or training colleagues in groups Excellent communication skills.
Closing date for applications: March 7, 2020
Apply for this job