Corporate Tax Manager - Excellent Work Life Balance
£45,000 - £65,000 per annum
Corporate Tax Manager to join a leading accounting firm in Sevenoaks, Kent. The clients are predominately based in London but the Kent base provides a better work life balance for the team.
The Partners are ex big 4 and have developed a fantastic firm which is winning new business all the time and therefore looking for the talent to help it succeed. Most of its clients are entrepreneurial with a big focus on Hi-tech. It’s a Partner lead approach and they are at a stage where they are looking for an ambitious individual who is eager to take on a bigger role with more responsibility.
The firm provides highly technical advice to its clients
• Advice on R&D Tax Credits
• EIS relief
• EMI share schemes
• Transfer pricing considerations
• Planning for Intellectual Property
• Corporate tax advice including reorganisations and reconstructions
• Complex tax provisions and tax computations
• Personal tax planning and compliance
• International tax planning including personal and corporate. It is understood that you are unlikely to have experience in all of these disciplines but you need to be prepared to learn on the job.
You will likely be a fully qualified (CTA/ACA or equivalent), commercially-minded tax manager who is looking to advance your career with a firm that will truly recognise and reward outstanding contribution. At a managerial level with a top 20 practice, you will have a track record of managing the delivery of a range of corporate tax services within deadlines, as well as experience leading and managing a small team of professional staff. Ability to identify tax planning opportunities would be essential and business development experience desired. You will also have good communication skills, be organised, diplomatic and focussed.
Work will include:
· Providing advice on a wide range of projects
· Management, review and preparation (in more complex cases) of the corporate tax
· compliance work using Alpha tax and IRIS.
· Working with clients who have international links
· Assisting with major tax advisory assignments and project management
· Developing key client relationships and taking responsibility for fees
· Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of
· tax advice
· Carrying out detailed technical research in a variety of areas
Involvement in business development activity