Overall Purpose of Job
· The individual will be responsible for assisting clients to bring their varying accounting systems to completed trial balance/draft statutory accounts level, both at client premises and within the office.
· In addition there will be the filing of VAT returns and Companies House statutory returns.
· They will be dealing with a wide variety of clients, from sole traders and partnerships through to limited companies and groups/associates of companies and be able to offer hands on book keeping and accounts processing guidance to clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Assisting clients to maintain their books and records to a high standard ready for production into Statutory accounts, to include control account reconciliation on clients’ behalf where required
· Data entry / data processing
· Use of Cloud Accounting including Xero
· Completing VAT returns
· Company Secretarial filings at Companies House
· Responsible for answering client queries
· Any other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· Good team player
· Ability to work quickly and accurately
· Proactive approac
· Adaptable and flexible attitude
· Ability to work to and manage own deadlines
· Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel
· 20/23 days holiday (increase with service to 28 days) plus bank holidays
· Permanent Health Insurance/ Income Protection**
· Life Assurance/DIS benefit***
· Onsite car parking